Monday, November 1, 2010

Kurikinton



In this article, I want to introduce about Kurikinton, a specialty food of my hometown, Gifu prefecture. “Kuri” means Japanese chestnut with and –“kinton” means a sweetened mixture of boiled. Thus, Kurikinton is a kind of sweets that has short and sweet slightly. I with you become to want eat this.

Kurikinton is autumn food because we can take chestnuts only in autumn. In Japan, Kurikinton is simple sweet because you can make it too at home. You mix the ingredients and wring it after that it will be squeeze tight. It’s a bite size so you wii be able to eat with enjoyment.

There are tree of chestnut so everyone know about it. However, it’s famous as Kurikinton of Nakatsugawa in Gifu near Nagoya. There is surrounded by nature so you can eat unique food from the land. It is made by sugar and chestnut and soft, sweet, easy to eat. I recommend you eat it with Japanese tea.

  I often have eaten it. In autumn, we become to want to eat food of autumn so I eat kurikinton in this season every year. Sometimes I come to have it as souvenir for my friends or relationship. Everyone pare grad of it so you will like Kurikinton. If you came to Nagoya or Gifu, you should eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment