Monday, October 25, 2010


1) In this article, I want to write about Akahukumochi, a specialty food of my hometown, Mie prefecture. “Akahukumochi” means the murmuring of a stream. Akahukumochi is a kind of rice cake which Koshian on the top of rice cake. “Koshian” means pureed sweet red-bean jam. It is often called Akahuku. I wish you could enjoy eating Akahuku more with my article.

2) Akahuku is kind of Japanese sweet. I am going to explain how to cook it. First, you put Japanese dumpling into the ball adding water and then you knead. Second, you put the dumpling into boiled water and boil the dumpling until floating. Third, you puree the boiled red-beans, and then you add a suitable sugar. Finally, you make a boll of dumpling, and then you put the pureed sweet red-bean jam on the dumpling.

3) Rice cake and pureed sweet red-bean jam are essential ingredients to cook it. Niigata prefecture is famous as the center of the excellent gluey rice cropping. Niigata prefecture is also famous for good rice. You can make pureed sweet red- bean jam from all the red-beans. When you eat Akahuku with green tea, I recommend that you use Shizuoka’s tea. Shizuoka prefecture is famous for tea. It tastes very good.

4) Akahuku is the special product in my prefecture. There are other special products in my prefecture, but I think it is the most delicious product. In my case, I usually eat it with green tea. It makes me happy when I eat it. When I come back to my home town, I usually buy Akahuku as souvenir for my friends. My friends are pleased to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment