Monday, October 25, 2010

Local food


Misokatsu
In this article, I want to write about Misokatsu, a famous food of my home town Nagoya in Aichi prefecture. “Miso” is a kind of seasoning and “katsu” is fried pork. It is eaten in some ways, but usually it is eaten with shredded cabbage. I wish you could enjoy eating Misokatsu more with my article.
I tell you how to make Misokatsu. First, you prepare pork loin and cut its sinew for not shrinking. Second, you cover both faces with wheat flour. Soak in the egg and put bread crumbs overall. Then, fry in a high temperature oil until it turn light brown, and cut in some pieces. Next, you make a sauce. Mix reddish-brown bean paste, sweet sake, soy sauce and a little sugar and simmer in a pan. You put this sauce on fried pork and it will be completed.
Mainly, it is served on a plate with shredded cabbage, but we eat in various ways. One is eaten as sandwich. You can eat it at a lot of cafe and buy at convenience store. Misokatsudon is popular in Nagoya very much. It is a bowl of rice topped with Misokatsu. Kushikatsu, which is pieces of pork fried on a skewer. You can buy only one piece, so it is easy to eat.
I like Misokatsu very much. My mother sometimes cooks it for my family, and it is so delicious. Moreover, there are great Misokatsu restaurants in Nagoya. Its name is “Yabaton”. The stores are many in Nagoya. I usually go there and I recommend you to go there when you came to Nagoya.

No comments:

Post a Comment