Monday, October 25, 2010

Local food


I want to write about “Kuro-hanpen”, a specially food in my home town, Shizuoka prefecture. “Kuro-hanpen” means fish products and black square shaped ground fish product with a soft, mild taste. People in Shizuoka often eat it, but people in other regions, Japan do not eat it.
I want to introduce about how to eat “Kuro-hanpen”. We usually eat it with Japanese horseradish as it is. Once in a while, we roast it and eat it with soy sauce. At junior high school in Shizuoka, “Fried-Kuro-hanpen”, deep-fry it provides lunch for schoolchildren.
We can buy “Kuro-hanpen” at many supermarkets in Shizuoka. Once in a while, it is sold big department stores in other regions. A packet of it is a reasonable price, about 180-300 Japanese yen.
I am very proud of having “Kuro-hanpen” in my hometown. I usually eat it when I go back to Shizuoka. I wish you could enjoy eating it and it would become more popular not only Japan but also around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment