Monday, October 25, 2010

Satsuma age




In this article, I want to write about Satsuma age, a specialty food of my hometown, Kagoshima prefecture. “Satsuma” means Kagoshima prefecture in Meiji era. Satsuma age is a kind of food that made up of fish and vegetables. It often called “tempura”. I wish you could enjoy eating Satsuma age more with my article.

Satsuma age is a kind of tempura. Satsuma age is mixed the ground fish, starch and salt and sugar and fried. Sometimes, they put carrot and burdock. When you have it for the first time, you will be surprised at the taste. Satsuma age conclude taste from all ingredients. As you go many stores, you can see some type of it. We usually enjoy its shape, taste and flavor.

Satsuma age is used fishes which are caught in Kagoshima or the Kyushu district mainly. So, it is really special products in the Kyushu district. I’m so happy to be able to eat foods like this. You enjoy eating it as is or with soy sauce.


I’m very proud of having Satsuma age in my hometown. When I go back toKagosima, I often purchase several boxes of Satsuma age and bring them back toNagoya. I often bring it to my friends. I feel happy when I can see them enjoy eating it. Recently, you can find Satsuma age at some supermarkets. It’s reasonable in price and makes Satsuma age more familiar. I wish Satsuma age would become more popular and more and more people learn about Kagoshima.

No comments:

Post a Comment